Effective Date 2 August 2020
Your Privacy and Koru and Kirk, ABN 80 205 469 395 (collectively and individually referred to as “Koru and Kirk”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
Who we are and how you can contact us
You can contact us for privacy related questions by emailing us at email@example.com or completing our contact form.
We will only use your personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Laws (Privacy Act (1988 (Cth)), Australian Privacy Principles and, to the extent applicable, with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any replacement legislation or regulation or guidelines and standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
Our role in your privacy
As we are the providers of the products and services on this Site, we determine how and why your data is processed. We do not sell or rent your details to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy, and we want you to know exactly what information is collected and how we use it.
When and how we collect data
From the moment you visit our Site, we are collecting data. Sometimes you might provide this data by completing a form or sending us an email, otherwise we might collect the data automatically. We may also collect data when:
- you interact with us on social media
- you accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- you voluntarily submit your data to us for any reason
- we collect the data when working on a project; for example, from public records, mailing lists, or business partners.
Types of data we may collect
- Contact details (name, address, email)
- Financial information (bank details when you become our customer)
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Data that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plugins, geolocation, what operating system and version)
- Data on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages, and other actions)
- Information electronically and/or physically, and we will ensure you are aware at all times
How and why we use your data and disclosure
Under data laws, we are only allowed to use your data for specific reasons and where we have the legal basis to do so.
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- to run our Site
- to provide you with products, information and services
- customer support
- to improve our Site
- to detect and prevent fraud
- to make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- market research, eg we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- to provide you with information about events, other products or services, or opportunities that may be of interest
- marketing (with your consent)
We may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- as required by law subject to our obligations
- with your consent
- within our business
- to send you marketing material (with your consent)
- to process your participation in any promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, and displaying your name online and on our social media platforms)
- to share with third parties to enable us to provide our products and/or services.
What are your choices?
Don’t provide us with personal data
You can choose not to provide us with any personal data. If you do this, we will not be able to provide you with any products or services; however, you can continue to use our Site and browse the pages of our Site.
Turning off cookies
Don’t want marketing?
We will always let you know before we collect any data from you what the intended use is and if we intend to use it for marketing, and if third parties are involved we will obtain your consent (which you can withdraw at anytime). You can change your mind about marketing material by opting out by (a) completing the contact us form on our contact page or by unsubscribing within the email if you have previously subscribed to our newsletter.
What are your rights?
You can exercise your rights at anytime by contacting us via our contact form or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access information we hold about you
We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (eg another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We will tell you if we can’t comply with your request and why.
You can contact us to ask us to correct any information we hold about you that you believe is inaccurate.
Objections to using data for profiling or automated decisions
We may use your data to determine what products and services are relevant to you (eg tailoring our emails based on your behaviour). Otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will use this data is to provide our products and services to you.
You have the right to be forgotten
You have the right to request for your data to be erased. This means we have to delete all information that we hold about you, except to the extent of any information we are required to hold due to our legal obligations.
You have the right to make a complaint regarding the use of your data
If you have any complaints regarding how your data is handled, please contact us via our contact form or via email at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How secure is the data collected?
We realise that our customers trust us to protect their data and, while we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, or receive from us, we take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your data. This includes the following:
- providing password access to accounts
- storing electronic data with reputable third-party storage providers who have appropriate security protections
- limiting access to personal information to individuals who need to know.
Where do we store data?
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your data may be processed in countries outside of Australia. If we transfer personal data outside of Australia, we will ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by ensuring these service providers have the same or similar measures in place to protect data shared.
How long do we store data?
We will keep your data for as long as we need it and this period will also depend on your interactions with us. If you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing and tax purposes. When we no longer need to keep your information, we will delete it.
Third parties who process your data
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- our suppliers and service providers working for us
- our professional and legal advisors
- law enforcement or other government authorities
- where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so.
Age of consent
By using this site, you warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your state or territory of residence. Our Site should not be used by anyone under the age of majority, and we do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of majority.
Cookies and how to block them
What are cookies?
Unfortunately these are not the edible kind! “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. They do not harm your systems and the “help” function in your browser will tell you how to restrict or block the cookies.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
We may use web beacons (or clear gifs) on our website and in our emails. This means that when we send emails, we have the ability to track behaviour such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links, and collect information such as your IP address, browser or email type. We then put this information together to improve the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with better-targeted content and/or services specific to your needs. You will always be able to opt out of any emails we send by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email.